The Government’s Responsibilities
- Government has the burden of proof; they must show cause.
- The Prime Minister will define the terms of the resolution.
*If this is not done then the Opposition may define the debate as it sees fit.*
- If this is a policy debate (a law), then a plan should be presented. This must be at least outlined by the PM.
- The Opposition may contest a definition, attempting to alter or add to it.- This will be done at the beginning of the Opposition’s first constructive speech.
- The Speaker will choose the definition. The Speaker’s choice is final. It must be accepted and used by debaters and, alas, by judges.